Be Careful on the Web!

Sign by Danasoft - For Backgrounds and Layouts

Music (Click pause if you want it to be quiet)

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Treader - swimming!

Today I got to go swimming. Mistress wanted to know how I like water. I don't (see my picture over to the right of me trying to stay out of the water). (Mistress won't take me swimming on purpose ever again.) But I can swim! See, today the St. Marys Aquatic Center allowed dogs to come on the last day that they are open. Mistress would have brought Cookie, but (1) Cookie doesn't always behave around other dogs, (2) she is socializing Cookie gradually but this would probably have too much too fast for Cookie, and (3) in a place with a LOT of other dogs and a LOT of distractions mistress doesn't think that she can handle two dogs at once, at least until we are completely trained.
I did have a blast when we weren't in the water. I met lots of other dogs. Mistress saw it is a training opportunity and she had me do lots of sit/stays and practiced walking on a loose lead.
I will show you pictures of me then of the other dogs there:
Waiting to go:
On the way there (sorry for the noise, we had the A/C aiming toward the general direction of the camera:

Meeting another dog:
People love me!:
Swimming:
I wanted to stay here:
I hate being wet:

We met a Shar Pei:An English Bulldog and the other one's supposed to be an Aussie mix:
This German Shepherd kept playing with the part that water spouts out of (more of this guy later, mistress took lots of pictures of him):
A white German Shepherd and what looks like an Airdale:
A Golden Retriever puppy:
A Newfoundland (Newfie):
There were at least 4 Snhauzers, here's one:
This Golden puppy looks like she's sunbathing, but she's trying to dry herself off on the towel:
A grown-up Golden:
A Lab/Border Collie mix:
Swimming again:
Watching from the sidlines:
A close-up:
Another English Bulldog:
More of the German Shepherd from earlier:

Catching his ball:
Laying down on command:


He likes his ball:Then they went to a different part of the pool:

That's all of that. Would you like to see my new toy now? I did promise to show it to you:
Me chasing it:

No, we did not find the wire. We had to use another computer, insert the memory card from the camera, load the pictures onto a jump drive, and then load them on our computer. We'll have to do that until we find the wire.

No comments: