Be Careful on the Web!

Sign by Danasoft - For Backgrounds and Layouts

Music (Click pause if you want it to be quiet)

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Cookie - Be prepared!

To all people who have the potential to be hit by a hurricane (like if you live on the coast), today I want to be remind you to be prepared! Particularly, make sure that you are prepared to take your pets. Mistress saw something about it on the weather channel today and then she prepared Treader and I an evacuating kit and it's in her newest backpack, because that one holds a LOT.
First, mistress packed things that are important, like Treader's RAW diet journal so that she won't forget what to feed him and how much (oh ya, didn't I tell ya, Treader is trying out the RAW diet and we'll probably end up keeping him on it):
Then she put the clicker and a toy in another spot:
She put some dog books (they have stuff about health problems in them) and our health records in the main part of the back pack:
Then she packed some of our toys:
You should also pack bottled water and a pet first aid kit. Sorry, no pictures of that.
And here is the back pack fully loaded:
Notice that on one of the side pockets mistress some plastic bags to clean up after us with while we're evacuating. A lot of people don't clean up after their dog's poop because they're too lazy or don't see the big deal. I ask you this, how would you like to be strolling along in the park or on a sidewalk and step into a fresh pile of dog poo? Now, see why people should clean up after their pets?
Here I am checking out the dog evacuation kit:
And mistress finally got a picture of me with my mouth open while barking at a car that got into our driveway to turn around:
And Treader the old rascal got out into the rain and came back before we left:

Oh, one more thing. Treader wanted me to tell you a little about his raw journal. Treader is trying the RAW diet for an entire month and mistress decided to keep a journal so that just on case she forgets something she can look in the journal.
It looks like this:
Mistress has sloppy handwriting, doesn't she? BOL
Anywoof, if Treader does well on the diet, we'll keep feeding it to him. Mistress has to pay for the meat for the raw diet with her allowance money and she can't afford to both of us the raw diet, she probably couldn't afford to feed me alone the raw diet, but she can afford to feed Treader the raw diet. Besides, I get one raw chicken foot a day, so I won't completely miss out.

1 comment:

Misty said...

That's a really great idea. I think I'll get an emergency kit together for my pets too.

How's Treader liking the raw?